Saturday, November 7, 2009

A Look into Which Direction This Blog Is Heading

Since I am back home, this blog will focus on, of course, more music. I am going to be expanding my listening palette enormously in the upcoming months. I am clearing my fines at the library -- which come out to about 40 dollars -- in order to stock up on much of the country section of the CD collection. I will be spending much more days doing chinese delivery in the next month for sure, so not only will much new music be available to me, I will have a LOT of time to listen to it all (I listen to music constantly while I am driving deliveries for ten to eleven hours a shift). I like to listen to a CD a dozen or so times before I set it aside for a while. If its really good, I'll listen to it a dozen or so times consecutively, such as Mercury Falling by Sting and This One Is Two by Ralph Stanley II (that album is a rarity for me in its inexhaustible-ness). I might place a nice bike ride route or other moment in travel or imaginings of such to a CD or particular song, but it will usually just be the music.

I will also feature what I will call a 'Musically-Inspired Geographical Location of the Day' most posts. A sneak preview: The first one will be on Frisco, Texas. I include references to a Gillian Welch song and a Keruoac novel (those who are keeping an eye on this blog will be able to guess the novel, and perhaps the song).

No comments:

Post a Comment