Saturday, December 5, 2009

There'll Be Some Changes Made

Some things about my page

1. I removed the picture of the morning mountainside. I wanted to make a statement with words rather than pictures. It also wasn't cropped correctly to smoothly fit with the streamlined, highly-marginalized design from our amazing Google developers.

2. I added a Kerouac quote in place of the caption "travels, music, geography," partially because I didn't like the wholesale feel it gives off, and also because categorizing something often deprives it of the very essence you are trying to draw attention to. It is inevitable that it will cycle between a handful of quotes that capture the adventurous spirit

3. I added a "Earth Saving Tips" widget. This is partially because most people take for granted the playground that is Mother Earth. God gave us this world for our use and enjoyment (or if you take the leap of faith in saying that there is no god, perhaps I could reword this in saying that we humans have a disposition of dominance over the rest of life on Earth), but also to take care of, because as you can see, we are more thean capable of depleting it and de-beautifying it (while I don't think we can "disrupt the balance" per se, nature is very resilient and while we may put stresses on some species that drive them to extinction, ecosystems are remaining balanced. Its also important to realize that species come and go, this is nothing to be alarmed about). I just want to call to everyone's attention that the cleanliness of our environment is a personal responsibility in how and what we consume, and in what allow to happen. Nature is only for us to enjoy as long as we take care of it.

4. I eliminated everything in the blog post section except title and post body. No comments, no date of posting, nothing, just the raw text. These words are what they are, and I don't want anything to leave an impression about this blog other than the text, not how frequently I post, not whether or not someone feels I'm wasting my time or whether anybody even reads it. Its the best formatting I've done or probably ever will do on this blog

No comments:

Post a Comment