Monday, December 21, 2009

A Passion

I woke up this morning at 5am and the pervading thought was to set up my Deviantshare account. I worked on it and fished it before the sun came up. I do this because the adventure telling really isn't complete without a few pictures.

I may or may not have mentioned this before, but I really enjoy photography. I want to be more serious and take a class, and perhaps even have a small developing room, but for now all I have is a decent camera that I am borrowing. I honestly thought I'd shrivel up when I lost my camera (still have not found it), but instead it just removed a part of me that I'm trying to get back now. I am finding inspiration on a fellow Blogspot user's blog, along with perusing the pages of other DeviantArt users. I have found much inspiration from Flickr as well, looking at photos of places I have been and wish to go to. I do not claim much skill in it, but I have been told by an old friend and fellow photography-enthusiast (who has taken college photography classes) that technique can be taught but passion cannot be taught. Lately, it seems that a lot of my passions, including traveling, are fading, much to my disappointment. I have missed contra dancing for the past month. A few months ago, I tried charcoal again, but did not get caught up in it, though I wish I could paint again. Responsibilities are tying me down, and I do not fight them, because their reward outweighs the inhibitions they create. For a few weeks, I shall keep a small preview of my works at the top of my blog page. I have also changed the URL of my blog, because of some poor programming on the part of DeviantArt (in my humble opinion). I am going to create a second Blogspot URL entitled theadventurousspirit.blogspot.com. I'm going to do this for anybody that is following me, so they won't be victims of the dreaded broken link.

No comments:

Post a Comment